Saturday 31 December 2011

New Year's Eve 2011 - My 100th Post.

Hello beautiful people.

Ooh I'm so cross - I had prepared a long post ready to add some minor ramblings to this evening, only to find that it has vanished into the ether.  How very frustrating.

Ah well, no use crying over spilt milk. 

Our New Year's Eve has been a quiet one spent with loved ones.  My parents came 'round for supper.  We had prepared Yuk Sung in our new food processor.  It was SO easy we'll definitely do it again. 

Quick recipe for you!

3 large chicken boobies.. erm... breasts
2 bunches spring onions
4 carrots
2 onions
2 cloves garlic
1inch piece of ginger - peeled.
2 packets of stir fry sauce (Aldi do a fabulous spring onion and ginger one for about 30p per packet).
Soy sauce
Seasoning
Iceberg or Little Gem Lettuce, separated into single leaves.

Whack the chicken into a food processor and mince finely  (I mean mince the chicken.  Not walk in an effeminate way around the kitchen).

Once chicken is well and truly mincerated, remove from the processor and stir fry in a large wok until you're happy that it's cooked through.

Whilst the chicken is frying, using the same knife blade in the processor, whizz up the onions, spring onions, garlic, ginger and carrots.  Again, allow the veg to be chopped very finely.

Remove lid from processor and wince a little as the pungent garlic and oniony fumes dissolve the retinas from your eyeballs.  Stir fry the paste, then add the chicken, stir until the mixture is well combined, add the sauces, soy sauce, and seasoning to your taste.   Serve piled onto lettuce leaves which can then be wrapped around the meaty filling, scoff and enjoy.  Yummers!!  N.B.  You could of course add chillis if you like them but we had to leave them out this time as we were cooking for the oldies!  bless em!

Just call me Delia.

Actually don't.  I'd prefer Nigella.  Thanks.

After the 'rents left, Paula popped for 30mins respite from a party she was at down the road.  My daughter is out with her boyfriend at a local pub with his family.  So it's just me, ma boy and wondrous man.  I'm blogging, they're wii-ing!   I've never been much for New Year celebrations really.  I always find them a little flat and, sometimes a little over-emotional.  This quiet family time is suiting me just fine this evening.

2011 has been good.  Incredibly fast mind you - hasn't it fled by?! - but good.  The only downsides have been work related frustrations and exasperations, and minor health niggles which both need to be addressed in the New Year. I know that on a personal level, (discounting the births of my two beautiful babes), I'm the happiest and most content I've been in the whole of my adult life. I know that I live in a house filled completely with love, respect and understanding. That means more to me than anything.  We don't have much money but we have a truly blessed life.  To have someone tell me on a very regular basis that they love me and love our life means far more than having money in the bank.

And so to 2012.  I'm hoping for more of the same.  I don't 'do' resolutions apart from the one that's rolled out every year like a cheap carpet - the one where I state that this will be the year I lose weight once and for all.   

Instead of resolutions, I'm making promises to myself and setting challenges.

1.  This will be the year I lose weight once and for all (!)
2.  I will find a new job.  One that is satisfying and worthwhile and not one that is mind numbingly boring and thankless and saps my spirit and stamps over my soul.
3.  I will find more time to be creative.  I want to make soap.  I want to make those dear little teacup candles.
4.  I will remember my friends' birthdays and will post their cards and gifts on time.  This is HUGE!  I am crap!
5.  I will try very hard to be as frugal as possible.
6.  I will learn something new, whether this is at a night class or by distance learning.
7.  I will end 2012 with a perfectly tidy bedroom and will have absolutley NO clothesies lining the circumference of the room as I will have completed declutteration of the place by then!!
8.  I will continue to teach myself the Pagan way and will continue to follow my solitary path in my own quiet way,
9.  I really REAAAAAAAAAAALLY want to do some volunteer work at something like Shelter or Foodbank or similar.

That will do for now I think!

My loves - tis nearly upon us. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog posts this year.  I look forward to sharing more silliness with you next year.

 May I take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2012.  Love and Light.

2 comments:

  1. Life doesn't have to be expensive, and we don't need millions in the bank to enjoy ourselves. In fact I can honestly say that my greatest pleasures in life come FREE. We, too, love our little home, but I'm afraid it will HAVE to remain cluttered. Let's all wish for a return to Pagan ways; Constantine has a lot to answer for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy new year Kim! 2011 wasnt the best year for me, i have high hopes that 2012 will some changes for me. (eternal optimist that i am!) i am sending love, light and blessings to you, as we embark on this fresh new year, leanne x

    ReplyDelete

Working from home

I've taken a precious day of annual leave today.  I've really struggled this week with feeling so yuk and I needed the restorative ...