Monday 19 March 2012

Monday Giggles

I've had the day from hell at work.  This is nothing unusual.  I needed a good old cheer up this evening I can tell you.

Whenever I'm in need of a good giggle I watch some old clips of the Fast Show on Youtube.  The Fast Show was a comedy programme shown in the mid 1990s, starring Paul Whitehouse and Charlie Higson, amongst a supporting cast of bright young stars such as Arabella Weir, Caroline Aherne and John Thompson.   It was completely ahead of its time. 

I absolutely LOVE randomness - and this really does make me howl with laughter, no matter how many times I watch it - sometimes with big embarrassing snorts and tears streaming down my face.  That may be hysteria though!  Mark Williams (who some of you will recognise as Mr Weasley in the Harry Potter saga!) plays the old guy and Paul Whitehouse the 'experienced rambling hiker'.  I think it's made even more hilarious by the fact that the mad old bloke speaks my language!  This is the reason I don't walk down Lye High Street any more on my own for fear of this happening! 

(A mad part of me also wants leap out at some poor unsuspecting soul going about their business and warn them about the 'ole down the road in the fog with an owl! - I wonder what the reaction would be?!

Now look........  if this doesn't make you laugh....well.... you're dead, quite frankly!!!


What comedy sketch is guaranteed to make YOU smile, no matter how many times you watch it?  I'd love to know.

Monday over and out!!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful. Paul Whitehouse is brilliant. Wouldn't you just hate to meet that ghastly rambler!

    ReplyDelete

Working from home

I've taken a precious day of annual leave today.  I've really struggled this week with feeling so yuk and I needed the restorative ...