Tuesday 18 June 2013

The ups and downs of Tuesday!

Today, I was able to sit outside in the sunshine with some colleagues, having a catch up over lunch.  It was really warm and breezy, and we joked that it was almost like sitting on the sea front.  (Except we were in the salubrious surroundings of Brierley Hill, on a pavement outside the cafe and just a couple of feet away from the main road! )

Today, I produced about 40 documents of varying length and type.  40.  My fingers are hanging on by threads and my ears are turned inside out.   All documents were error free and were signed out without question by the lady I work for.  One document, however,  had a small error on it - a misinterpreted word which could be amended within seconds. This particular document had to be signed out by a partner in the department.  I corrected the document and handed it back to the wan... person in question for him to sign. "Oh is this correct now?" he said sarcastically.  "Are you sure? Only its MY neck on the chopping block if we send it out with errors on it".  

Y'know that one nerve you have left at the end of the day when you started at 8.30am instead of the 9am you are actually paid from, to try to play catch up and help people out  Yeah that one.... he trod on it.  How I didn't take his head off his shoulders I shall never know.  I didn't tell him that his colleague had already checked the document and agreed that it was fine.   Breathe. 

Today, on the way home from work, walking towards the bus stop,  I felt a thud on my shoulder.  I looked around convinced that someone had thrown something at me.  Well they had.  Only it wasn't a someone.  It was a something.  A bloody magpie had thrown what appeared to be an elephant sized poo on to my shoulder, and down my sleeve, and into my bag...........  I shall probably be finding it in crevices for weeks!!  How rude!  Mrs nature lover I am and this is how I'm repaid.  I'm going to complain to the management.  Thank goodness I had tissues.  Thank goodness it wasn't on my head.  Thank goodness I wasn't looking upwards with my mouth open at the time and another two inches to the left.  

Thank bloody goodness!!!

One of the maddest things I've heard Black Country folk say is that if you accidentally tread in dog muck - then its lucky.   Or if you get pooped on by a bird, its lucky!

I had to travel home via two buses with a brown arm, which was making me feel ever so slightly nauseous. Now it may just be me ... but I didn't feel very lucky at all! 












10 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, there's always some cretin who'll come along and ruin your day...I'd have knocked his block off too!
    As for the magpies 'gift' - yes, it IS good luck (you weren't looking up at the time ;o)
    (I used to have days like that at work, I can't tell you how much I DON'T miss it.)
    Tomorra'll be betta!
    Rose H
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its pretty standard at our place Rose. You can work your ass off all day without issue but make one error (are we not human?!!) and everyone knows about it. Pah!

      Delete
  2. They'll never say it's 'unlucky'; we know that already!

    Every time I hear stories about lack of sensitivity, or bad manners, or rudeness in an office, it makes my blood boil. I do hope you're plotting your revenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Age, stealth and cunning will overcome youth and bolshiness - Of this I am sure!

      Delete
  3. Oh dear - do hope yesterday was an improvement for you. The only thing you can say about days like that is thank goodness it's over!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Welcome to my blog and thank you for your comment :)

      Delete
  4. what a wry amusing blog, I shall be back... and yes, bird poo is very lucky... go b uy the lottery tickets for tomorrow straight away!!!! best wishes, janzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Janzi - welcome!

      Delete

Working from home

I've taken a precious day of annual leave today.  I've really struggled this week with feeling so yuk and I needed the restorative ...