Saturday 28 December 2013

Post Christmas Post

Hello lovelies.

I hope your festivities went without hitch and that you all had a peaceful time and enjoyed your day.

Here are some photographs from Christmas 2013 here at Peapods.

We had an impromptu visit to the German Market in Brum......... same old tat......same stalls in the same places.... nothing to new to see here!  I was pre-op and moody.  I took no joy from being here at all!  Miserable old cow that I am!


(I did love the colours of the felt stall though!)

#
And this colourful character made me smile from the tip of his baby pink mowhak to the tips of his electric blue brothel creepers!  What a dude!


They'd even sold out of Reindeer burgers.  Bugger!



The lights were prettiful though.  I do like a blue light!


Someone had a ripping time on Christmas day!



Daft dog!

I was embarrassingly and spectacularly spoilt as usual.  I got my much longed for Lumix camera *swoon* (the above pics were taken on my iphone just in case you were thinking how rubbish it was! lol), amongst lots of other lovely gifts.

We spent the day with immediate family at my brother's house where he and his lovely lady cooked a spectacular meal which I didn't know whether to eat or climb to the summit of.  In the end I managed about a third of it before my crampons gave out and I had to admit defeat.



We played silly games and chilled out in the afternoon.  My brother asked musical quiz questions in the style of Vic Reeves' pub singer which had me laughing so much my stitches were in dire threat of bursting.and a family rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody topped off the day.

Next day was a tad quieter and we visited the Cemetery to put some flowers on my Nan's grave and to the allotment to light a candle for Dad.  

I know it may sound odd, but the cemetery at Lye is one of the most beautiful sacred spaces I know. There are lots of huge, ancient trees there which I can gaze at for ages. The air was incredibly cold and crisp and the sun shone weakly through the branches.  I love this atmospheric shot I took just as I happened to glance across the graveyard. 


A very old ivy covered Celtic cross


More beautiful trees.  There was a huge branch on the floor just out of shot which was the result of the recent storm damage.


I'm in hibernation mode today.  I'm still recuperating from my op and don't really feel like doing anything very strenuous right now. I'm getting gastric pain every other day which is almost as bad as the gall bladder pain and it is, quite frankly, doing my head in and making me a little depressed.  I'm scared to eat anything at all now for fear of an attack.  The good thing about it is that I've lost 2 stones in weight!

 Man is threatening to do something cheffy with a couple of lobsters we have in the freezer.  I think I may have to request a plain jacket potato instead.  How times have changed!

See you soon!



6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time even if the old op site is messing you about. Don't forget to check back with your doctor just in case something else is up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetheart, poor you. I remember it all well. It will settle down I promise. I felt washed out for weeks, I think you are doing better than me :-)
    You will be able to eat all your favourite things eventually, so give it time. I had "Buscopan" tablets from the pharmacy, which calmed the pain and cramps right down, although eating low/no fat is what really helped the process, which is what you are doing anyway. My friend Dil said, "your body is having to learn a new way of digesting your food, so give it time" and she was so right with her advice.
    I'm glad you had a good Christmas, your photo in the cemetery is stunning. I know what you mean about it being a peaceful, sacred place. I think the trees give it a feeling of being undisturbed for generations.
    Hope you have a happy new year, take it easy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, hope you are fully recovered soon.

    ReplyDelete

  4. sorry to read that you've been 'under the knife' Kim, but glad to read that you're recuperating. Hope you are soon back up to full speed, wishing you and yours a happy and healthy 2014!
    {{Hugs}}
    Rose H
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are gorgeous - full of energy and light. I love blue lights too! Your family gatherings always sound such fun and a happy time.

    Hope 2014 is spectacular for all of you. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos Kim- I am so very much in love with that glorious hare you have...erm I might have one or two here aswell. I'm another fan of graveyards- they're an oasis of peace in a busy, noisy world.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete

Working from home

I've taken a precious day of annual leave today.  I've really struggled this week with feeling so yuk and I needed the restorative ...