Thursday 12 December 2013

Quick Catch Up

Hi to anyone who drops in to visit me - I'm sorry I haven't been around very much lately.  A very big thank you for the kind emails enquiring after my well being.  Very much appreciated from my blogging family x

As a family we've had a lot of "stuff" going on lately and I've needed to turn my attention to that so we can be the strong, supportive unit we always are in trying times.

During my blogging absence there have been some good times too, a lovely trip to Banbury and Oxford for me and the man, full of blissful relaxation in a wonderful hotel, great food,  Xmas shopping in gorgeous little shops and a meeting with a dear friend.

We've put up our Yule tree - a woodland theme this year - here's some pics:-


























I'm off to hospital to have my gall bladder out tomorrow and to say that I'm a tad scared is an understatement as I've never had a general anaesthetic before.  I'm sure all will be ok and I shall see you on the flip side as they say ...erm... somewhere!

Be good - Santa's watching! ;)

16 comments:

  1. Oh my god. I have no idea what this involves, but it sounds awful. Kim, I send you my very best wishes, and I hope you are back to good health in time for the big days ahead. Cro xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tree kim, its fab! good luck with the op, please post when youre home again so we know youre okay!

    Leanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your op is via keyhole surgery, all should be well. Never having had an anaesthetic, gosh you are lucky. It is nothing to worry about, I usually feel a little sick afterwards but most people don't even get this. Hope all goes well and love your tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you DC - I did have keyhole surgery - was very surprised as I didn't think they'd be able to but they did! x

      Delete
  4. you'll be fine, lovely girl. I had mine out last September and it was a breeze. You will have a needle in the back of your hand and when they inject the drug, you'll slip off to sleep and wake up with 3 tiny holes in your tummy, wondering where that hour went. I had little pain, but expect to be sleeping the anaesthetic off for a few days afterwards. Lots of TLC from the family, don't try to do too much, recover slowly and enjoy Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The op is more common than I realised! Thanks Kath xx

      Delete
  5. I love your woodland themed tree - where did you get your decorations? I had an owl at the top of our tree last year, and pheasants the year before. We like a natural world kind of tree too, especially as I don't do religion! Hope the operation went well - I've had general anaesthetic three or four times in my life and always feel really scared before - I don't like going to hospital at all - hope everything went well and will look forward to hearing from you when you are well enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your past trees sound wonderful! Do you have the pics on your blog? Pheasants sound great! Most of the stuff was from Wilkinsons but a couple of its were from Paperchase (the red stags). I adore the tree this year and am really happy with our changes xx

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous piccies! Love the decorations, and relieved (but knew that you'd be safely out the other side of the op .... onwards and upwards for a healthy 2014! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so Ali - and for you and yours too xx

      Delete
  7. Take care, and have a wonderful Christmas xx Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take care and have a wonderful Christmas xx Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you start to feel better soon Kim- a good friend of mine had it done earlier this year and is now better than she's been in ages. I love your yule tree- fab idea
    Arilxx

    ReplyDelete

Working from home

I've taken a precious day of annual leave today.  I've really struggled this week with feeling so yuk and I needed the restorative ...