Monday 19 May 2014

Day 6 - The Peg-bag and the shortbread mountain

I'm suffering from a nasty bout of gastro enteritis right now together with rhinitis. Because apparently one can't have too many 'itis-es'.  Honestly,  I think when they removed my gall bladder they also removed my immune system. I haven't been bliddy right since then. As a person who normally enjoys rude health in the main it's getting ever so slightly wearing.

Man has undertaken a baking marathon because apparently one can't have too many pieces of shortbread either!  


Millionaires shortbread with fruit and


Fruit, cranberry and plain shortbread. The house smells delicious. He uses part rice flour to get the crumbliness just right!

In other news, a week ago I met up with a couple of dear friends for the weekend. They're both nifty stitchers, and this was a sweet gift from one of them.

Isn't it adorable?!  Oddly enough just recently we had been looking for peg holders but could only find rubbish ugly plasticky ones. This is farrr more elegant don't you think?! I love it!

So, here's a question for you bloglies. If you were a peg on the washing line of life, what sort of peg would you be?

;)

2 comments:

  1. I had my gallbladder out about 10 years ago. The terrible pain has gone but I can no longer eat foods I used to love, nor eat too much at each meal. I now eat 5 small meals a day and stay away from spicy foods. This works for me most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He even put the essential fork marks in!

    ReplyDelete

Working from home

I've taken a precious day of annual leave today.  I've really struggled this week with feeling so yuk and I needed the restorative ...