Wednesday 9 July 2014

Day 56 - Yuk!

Hello there!

So - this evening the man has cooked one of his special Thai Red Curries (so good it needs capital letters) for dinner.   Yours truly has been looking forward to it all day after a hard day at the coal face.  In the five minutes between sitting down to enjoy said curry however, I was faced with someone's blood stained spittle in a sink, a close up of a fungal toe nail infection and the delightful image of all the nasties which could be potentially lurking under the rim of a toilet.

Thanks advertising people.  Talk about putting you off your dinner!

I didn't feel quite as hungry after that little lot!

Thanks to those of you who commented on the 'strong in the arm thick in the head' quote yesterday.  Its funny how it is linked to other counties too.  I hadn't realised that it was a 'global' saying so thank you for educating me!   I must do a post on dialect soon.  It's okay - I'll provide a translation for you!

See you soon!


3 comments:

  1. We might say it a little different, but we all think and feel pretty much the same no matter where we come from.


    ReplyDelete
  2. That 'spit' ad' makes me puke everytime I see the horrible thing. Whatever next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck was that on the tv? Don't think I've seen that one x

    ReplyDelete

Working from home

I've taken a precious day of annual leave today.  I've really struggled this week with feeling so yuk and I needed the restorative ...