Wednesday 23 July 2014

Day 70 - First World Problems

I saw some of these on the t'interweb earlier and they made me smile - especially the first one.  I bet when I go upstairs I shall find that my other half has left the light on and the window wide open and a herd of moths are having a rave inside my lightshade!


1.   July.  The time of year when you open your window very briefly and let in 50 midges, 16 flies, 7 wasps, 4  beetles, an assortment of moths, two pigeons and a badger.

2.  You can't go anywhere without being told to Keep Calm and do something.

3.   Being unable to pay for something with the exact change without saying "I think that's right".

4.  Tutting at someone who pushed in front of you in the queue and having them turn around and glare at you.

5.  Tesco want £2.50 for an empty jam jar.  In the next aisle they are charging 30p for the same jar filled with pickled onions.

6.  I want "The London Look" but my two front teeth touch.

7.   Every pub now serves their food on a chopping board.  Or a bit of slate.  Whatever happened to plates?

8.  W H Smiths charge for their carrier bags because they're being environmentally conscious and then give you an entire tree's worth of receipts and discount vouchers.

9.  Running out of ways to say thanks when a succession of doors are held open for you having already deployed "cheers", "ta" and "nice one".

10.  I got five minutes into one of Jamie's 30 Minute Meals then realised I'd forgotten to grow a herb garden in my kitchen.

What about you then bloglies?  Do you have any 'first world problems' to add?!

5 comments:

  1. 11. Always saying 'sorry' when someone barges into me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to understand what most youths are saying. I never studied 'Grunt'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these, I enjoy reading "very British problems", you might like it too!
    https://twitter.com/SoVeryBritish

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh at your #8. We have the same thing here in the States when we go to the CVS Pharmacy. Everyone leaves with a two foot receipt full of coupons that are seldom used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The irritation I feel when a froth of something is put on my plate...looks more like saliva and don't get me started on the smear of potato or any other cheffy tricks. I will now remove my tongue from my cheek!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete

Working from home

I've taken a precious day of annual leave today.  I've really struggled this week with feeling so yuk and I needed the restorative ...