Monday 11 August 2014

Day 83 Home again Home again.......

Hello my lovelies!

Have you missed me?!  Don't answer that one!

I'm sorry I was unable to post whilst I was away but the signal was very intermittent where we were staying.

We've had a decent enough time.  The weather was kind to us with just the odd shower of rain here and there - but mostly when we were indoors anyway so it didn't stop us doing anything.

I'm very grateful to have been able to go away for a few days, but dearie me it was difficult at times.  My lovely man and I have been away for one or two days at a time on our own, but going away for five days with our near 16 year old lad has been a different experience altogether.  There was another person to keep happy, to ensure that he wasn't bored with our choices of what to do.

Porthcawl itself is a sweet little seaside town but there really isn't an awful lot to do for teens.  KTT seemed happy enough to traverse the rocky beaches though.  Scrambling and climbing his way along the shoreline as we oldies strolled along the flat promenade, keeping each other in view but far enough away for him to 'do his own thing'.


 



















There are several rocky beaches along the coast and a little further on is Coney Beach which is sandy and has its own funfair.  The funfair is looking a little run down and tired now I'm sorry to say and the whole shebang looks like it needs a good lick of paint and a complete overhaul.
Butch looking seagulls acted as bouncers

Precariously balanced twopenny falls

The Hillbillys shoot out - he looked like I felt! 


He posed for this pic in his punk shirt and a kiss me quick hat.
What can I say?  He loves me! LOL!

Bet you didn't know that Porthcawl has its own Elvis Festival did you?!

I kid you not!

A holiday brimful of culture it wasn't.   But the sun shone - and I wasn't at work - and we spent time together as a family. And that part was priceless.

See you soon.


2 comments:

  1. Those beaches look perfect for shellfish; I'd have had him looking for lunch!

    ReplyDelete

Working from home

I've taken a precious day of annual leave today.  I've really struggled this week with feeling so yuk and I needed the restorative ...