Sunday 4 February 2018

Weekend catch up and Q&A

Hello there!

Thanks for dropping by.  Who stole the weekend, that's what I want to know.  Mind you we've managed to cram quite a lot in to this one.   Friday night was spent sitting in front of a roaring fire in a local pub, catching up with a great friend.  As always we put the world to rights and having said that I wasn't really in the mood for going out that night, didn't actually get in until gone midnight.  Sober as a sober thing too as I wasn't drinking.  Check me and my rock n' roll lifestyle out!

Saturday morning was spent getting me barnet sorted out (as I was very close to looking like Cousin It) then shopping then home to check the thighs fine rugby playing on the telly.

Today we have been sofa shopping - well more sofa checking out really as we have big plans to transform our rather shabby and tired looking living room.  It will be a big job but I'm sure it will all work out okay and be worth the hard work.  So cue much sitting down, getting up, squishing cushions and laughing at each other checking out the reclining action of said sofas.  We managed not to get thrown out of DFS  and returned home to our (cannily prepared before we went out) Sunday roast. 

We've been watching a box set called Britannia.  Some reviews have said that its a poor man's Game of Thrones (which we love) but to be honest, I've quite enjoyed it so far.  Although I have to say the one episode we watched today was a bit off its head!

As there's no ground breaking news going on right now here at Peapods, I've nicked borrowed the Q&A questions from the Waitrose newspaper.  This week's answers are from Susan Penhaligon who leads a far more interesting life than I do but I shall battle on regardless.

What can you see out of the window?  Oh.  Well massive fail already cos it's 9pm and I can't see a bliddy thing.  Doh!

Choose five words to describe yesterday:  Wet, snoozy, hurty, snuggly and expensive. 

Tell us something that would surprise people about you.  Um.  Um.  *Scratches head*  I had a poem published in the Daily Mail 10 years ago.  Surprised beyond belief aren't you?!

What was the last conversation you had with a well known person?   I asked Chris Moyles if I could have a photo with him after I spotted him on the stairs at a Children in Need Rocks gig at the Albert Hall in 2009.    He said "yes mate" (he'd got a cold) and that was that.   lol  See photographic evidence below!  He looks a bit scared.  I'm not surprised really.

If you could relive six months of your life, when would that be?  Um, I'm not one for looking back really.  If I could relive my wedding day then I would because it was such a blur I feel that we missed so many moments.   I wouldn't change it for the world though.

What is the most expensive item you have bought in the past month?  This lap top *covers eyes*

Recommend a book, film or album from the past year.  I really enjoyed "Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine" by Gail Honeyman.  Such a touching, poignant and quirky tale.

Who has inspired you most in your career?  HAHHHHHHhahahahahaha.  Ahem. Absolutely bloody No-one.  Ever.

What three things would you take to a desert island?  A massive bottle of sunblock as I fry in moderately bright shade.  My craft shed to provide shelter and something to do.  And probably sustenance as I'm sure there's a mars bar stashed in one of the drawers. (well no-one gave guidance on how big the three things were!).  A wind up torch.  (I'm  hopeless at this aren't I?  I'd really just take my hubby cos he's very handy and knows all about survival and shit.) 

Other than at home with friends and family, where would you most like to be this weekend?   Tucked up in a cosy cottage somewhere overlooking the sea.

That's it from me then!  See you soon - toodle-oo! 


6 comments:

  1. I like a post like this, always interesting to read :)
    I stopped following your blog when you hadn't posted like that (I'm very tidy like that!) but will re-follow now you're back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise - yes I'm back. Had a bit of a blogging break for a while. Thanks very much for the re-follow. Hope you're well:)

      Delete
  2. Hahahaha I love your blog mrs, mostly because I think it could be me writing it! Although I've never had my photo taken with Chris Moyles. I have gone wild in a DFS store though. Me and the HG went a bit Royale family and were reclining like Barb and David's mum!!!

    The thigh show, er I mean rugby was fab at the weekend wSnt it!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine if we'd gone wild with Chris Moyles in a DFS store? Ooher! Totally agree about the thi-rugby thingie. :D

      Delete
  3. I love watching hubby watching the rugby...he gets so tense! Hello fellow published poet! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! Yes they tend to get like that don't they?!! Ooh! You'll have to share! Thanks for visiting me! x

      Delete

Working from home

I've taken a precious day of annual leave today.  I've really struggled this week with feeling so yuk and I needed the restorative ...